Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Today is Finally Here



I woke up today at 6:30 hearing Clarissa start a fight with Amelia. I had three kids come in and tell me I needed to do laundry because their hampers were full. I discovered we were out of orange juice for breakfast, which is unheard of around here. I had to defend my position that unsalted peanuts or salted peanuts were equally as good mixed with the chocolate chips I had packed for school snack. I then had to understand why I had a naked child wrapped in a blanket coming downstairs to use the toilet because the upstairs one was too cold to sit on. Ah, a pretty typical start to my first hour awake each morning. Today it didn't bother, I didn't care! I woke up feeling blessed because my days of feeling drugged, needing a two hour nap, and constantly worrying about seizures are behind me. Today marks 6 months since my surgery. It is hard to believe at this time I was just waking up from the 7 hours I was out for the procedure. So today I really don't care about any of the small stuff piling up around me :) I took the time to find a clear spot and took a picture of myself.

3 comments:

  1. I can't imagine how good you must feel today! I am glad to hear that you are doing great, even with the chaotic times that must surround you getting four kids up and about each day.

    I love the additions to the blog. Did you digitally scrapbook the pages on the slideshow? The music is nice too.

    Can't wait to see you guys soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Angie - this is a very inspirational post...I must here more of your story. Hopefully we will meet up next weekend :)
    Your layouts are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on your milestone! I have been wondering how you're doing.

    Six months... I'm so happy you're "free."

    ReplyDelete