The building of our tree house just completed the second phase today. Grandpa and Steve were able to get the railing, roof, and a partial wall up. Those parts make it possible for the kids to be up there safely and with one broken bone already that is a good thing. Not only has it been fun for us to watch this being built, but there are many people who have stopped to look on wishing they were a kid again. Strangers and neighbors tell us it is very cool. Even though it has been way more work than I thought for Dad, I think tonight he had pretty big smiles being up there with the kids. The following is a slide show of the process, beginning with our friend, Chad, who I found climbing our tree one morning to rig up the pulley system we would be grateful to have. You'll see the base as it was built at ground level, Steve and another friend pulling it up, and then the base hanging from the pulley! We let the kids climb up onto the platform and you'll see the smiles just from that. Finally, the last pictures are from tonight. I think it will make you wish you were a kid again. Not to worry, the tree house is strong enough to support all of you. Come and visit!
That is freaking AMAZING! I had no idea it was going to be so big! Your tree house might rival my movie theater in awesomeness. :)
ReplyDeleteLast I heard, Amelia was ahead in points. Are you going to catch up, Evan, Clarissa, and Kyle?
Mary
I think this treehouse is also amazing!
ReplyDeleteI just saw your two Glitz layouts at the store and they were so cute!!!! Love both of them....they shoud BOTH win!!!!