Sunday, September 20, 2009

Birthday #8


"This was the BEST birthday!" was the right thing for Amelia to tell two exhausted parents as she headed off to bed tonight. Her birthday started last night with "Amelia's Carnival", a party with 10 girls where they played games to earn tickets. We fed them pizza & pop, and let them make their own ice cream sundeas. The tickets were then traded in for goodies at the prize store. And what carnival could be complete without having people covered in tattoos to stare at? So the girls screamed and laughed while covering Amelia with tattoos to make the carnival complete. Did you know scotch tape can be used to remove tattoos? It was so busy I did not have time to take pictures. I'm sorry to say I have no picture of Kyle with the flower moustache he gave himself!

Amelia, Clarissa, and I enjoyed a quiet start to her birthday this morning while the boys were out camping. We had a great time debating which pair of Amelia's new earrings were the cutest and picking out the pair that would look the best with the new outfit she was wearing. I love how cute she is looking! Her hair even covered up the stitches from where her cyst was removed this week. Both of the girls helped make monkey bread for lunch, and Amelia loved trying out the different tips with the frosting to decorate her cake.

Steve & I loved seeing her eyes light up when she looked at the coupon book we gave her as a present. Over the coming months she can redeem the coupons for having a sleepover, staying up an hour late, skipping a chore for a week, etc.


1 comment:

  1. Coupon book -- what a great gift for an 8 year old -- filing that away for use in a few years when I can use that!

    ReplyDelete