Two big cardboard boxes have been in the "fireplace room" for the past week. Whenever I realize it is too quiet around the house, I know Clarissa and Kyle can be found hard at work decorating the inside of their box. In fact, the room is looking like a craft room as the rule for no markers in the room has been broken. You can find scissors, packing tape, duct tape, and a stapler in the there too. I took these pictures this morning as they both continued their work in the few spare minutes before leaving for school. It is a reminder that toys these days have too many lights, sounds, batteries, and options to buy more components.
After the kids took off for school, Steve and I took a good look at their creations. In comparing the two the nature vs. nurture argument was clear. Kyle as you can see has cut out a remote control that can be used to detonate the bombs on board in case of intruders. While Clarissa's has a cute sign taped on the outside with her name and hearts. Kyle has spent a lot of time drawing something that looks like a vending machine with all kinds of food. Clarissa has invested her time in colorful polka dots. I'll have to get a guided tour from each of them to understand each of the features.
I wonder when they will be done with their boxes and how I will get them out of the fireplace room...
What cozy and creative hideaways! Isn't it nice that they are so different and yet similar? I agree with your editorial comment about commercial toys! I hope they never get rid of big boxes! Priscilla
ReplyDeleteI don't know if you heard they are closing... there is a sale page. Not sure if it for just anyone. I remembered that you liked Scenic Route! :)
ReplyDeletewww.scenicroutepaper.com
Haven't seen you in forever! I commented before, but no re:! :)
Hope to see you around!