Clarissa:
I liked when I did clay. I made a snowman, two dice, spelled out my name, and a tube out of clay snakes. And I liked when I got wet in the water room. And I had to help find bolts and nuts in the skyscraper room. And I liked when I got frozen custard on the way home. Chicago is incredible. I was surprised to see all the key rings that were at the souvenir shop. I bought two for my school bag. I thought the submarine at the Science Museum was really big.
Kyle:
The museums are fun, weird, and cool. I had fun at the Children's Museum when I was in the skyscraper room where you could build stuff. I couldn't believe there were white screens that looked like stuff was falling on you and you could hold out your arms to catch it. Next time I want to go to the museum with the T-Rex. At the Science Museum I had fun skiing, race car driving and snowboarding on a video simulators. And when I went to watch the baby chicks hatch I thought the ones that had all their feathers were the cutest. And it was fun just seeing the baby chicks that were in the eggs still trying to hatch. Chicago has a lot of museums!
Amelia:
I didn't know that when chicks hatch it can take up to 10 hours. I really loved looking at the submarine that the U.S. captured from the Germans during WWII. I liked to learn facts about WWII. I loved to organize the wood, nuts, and bolts from the skyscraper room. Daddy did a really good job at building. I love the water room because we could lock all the gates and then open them to make it flood. I was surprised at how busy Chicago is. Next time I want to walk by Lake Michigan.
Angie:
I cannot believe how much there is to see in the Science Museum! We only hit a few exhibits and as were trying to leave each kid would want to stop for "just one more thing". I was surprised at how interested and how many questions the kids had about the submarine. We all loved watching the avalanche exhibit. I insisted we go to the chick hatchery, and it was cute. At the Children's Museum I hung out with Clarissa at the clay station for a long time. I used all my skills to make a pinch pot which Clarissa complimented me on. On the way home I went back to my favorite frozen custard stand. Think of me wearing my winter coat and hat, standing outside in a line with a stiff wind and you know it must be the best.

No comments:
Post a Comment