This is Iowa, farms and small towns. I knew we had to visit Eldora when the kids told me they wanted to see a real farmer. Luckily Cindy had planned a trip back to Eldora and it worked out for us to meet her there. We first set out to find Cindy's dad, Charles, out working in one of his fields and then headed to their farm. Evan and Amelia LOVED driving the golf cart by themselves around the grounds. We took nice pictures of the corn which will work well for the twins ABC books this fall. A thunderstorm moved in cutting our farm visit short which the kids were sad about. As we drove to town for pizza I pointed out the landmarks. Evan questioned whether I was sure there was only one stoplight. After dinner we lingered past all of my favorite childhood spots and told many stories as we sat and looked at my old house. Lois won the kids over easily with her food, the favorite being called "Heaven", and her wide selection of treats. Cindy and I laughed as we listened to the girls talk in bed until after 11:00 pm. A visit to Eldora's new pool was our last bit of fun before we had to head back home. We all agreed Eldora's pool is better than our town's pools. The kids wanted to stay longer and are already asking when we will return. I am glad I grew up in Eldora.

No comments:
Post a Comment