Monday, July 20, 2009

tween?


tween: A blend of between and teen, "tween" in this context is generally considered to cover the age range from eight to twelve years.

Our family has reached a new stage, the tween years. I think I'm starting to get it? Evan still enjoys being tickled, but do not include his name when giving basic safety instructions in public. Even though his biceps are growing, do not beat him in a board game. He is old enough to think a mocha tastes good, but still wants chewable pills. Doing algebra problems is not too hard, but making his bed still requires help. His stubborn personality is determined to not smile for the camera, but calling him by his little boy nickname can still bring a smile to the surface no matter what.

Yes, his beautiful eye roll comes from me, Steve.

3 comments:

  1. I love that Tweener! Priscilla

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Evan, it was fun having you over last week. Did you tell your mom and dad that you're prepared for your driver's permit now?

    Angie, I thought we'd get a post about how much you missed the kids! And that's a great description of the phase Evan is entering! What's his little boy nickname?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha! In the first picture, he looks just like the joyless teen boy on the front cover of the book, The Epidemic. Have you read that? The third pic is my favorite. Reminds me of his sweet side. He was a doll with Scarlett and Drake all weekend. We love Brown Bear!

    ReplyDelete